Undergraduates Bursary Scheme in South Africa
Applications are invited for South African Reserve Bank bursary scheme intended for undergraduate studies at a South African university on a full-time basis. South African citizens are eligible to apply for this bursary.
The purpose of the bursary scheme is to assist financially needy students who obtain good results in Matric/Grade 12 and who want to study in fields relevant to the Bank.
The studies that students intend to pursue shall have a bearing on, and be applicable to, the functions and activities of the Bank. (For more information on the Bank, visit the Bank’s website).
Scholarship Award: The total number of students and related bursary costs will be reviewed annually.
The following criteria is necessary in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Bursaries is for students who obtain 60 per cent in the June Matric/Grade 12 examinations. Final awarding of a Bank bursary is subject to a student’s final Matric/Grade 12 results and enrollment acceptance at a South African university.
- Bursaries is for South African citizens only.
- SA Citizen
- Younger than 30 years old
- Average pass mark of 70%
Method of Application:
The application form must be sent via e-mail and also by post.
Checklist of Documents/Items to Be along With Your Application Form:
- A certified copy of your June (current year) matric results or certified copy of Matric results if completed before the current year.
- Proof of acceptance at a recognized institution
- An essay of 250 words to motivate your case.
- A certified copy of your South African ID
Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for submission of applications shall be September 30 of each year.
For more info, visit Scholarship Link