University of Otago Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship in New Zealand 2017
Applications are currently been submitted at The University of Otago for its Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship. The scholarship is available for New Zealand students to pursue master and PhD programme. The objective of this scholarship is to encouraging research in the history, literature and culture of Scotland, and the influence of Scottish migration to New Zealand and elsewhere.
The University of Otago is a collegiate university located in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. It scores highly for average research quality, and in 2006 was second only to the University of Auckland in the number of A-rated academic researchers it employs.
Level: master’s and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Institution:University of Otago, New Zealand
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- NZ $13,000 stipend per annum plus domestic Master’s tuition fee wavier (excludes student services fee); NZ $25,000 stipend per annum plus domestic PhD tuition fee waiver (excludes student services fees).
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand,
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Obtaining their first masters or doctoral qualification.
- Domestic students.
- Undertaking research related to Scotland.
- Selection is based predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applications for masters scholarships are made online through the eVision portal. The application form will be available through an alert, see the “When to Apply” section below.
- When to apply:
- Applications for Research Master’s scholarships should occur either:
- When applying for admission (if the degree is by thesis only, or if the thesis will begin straight away) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after applying for admission to your programme, inviting you to apply for a scholarship.
- Just before the thesis component is about to begin (usually at the start of the second year for a master’s degree by papers and thesis) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after enrolling in your thesis paper.
- Applications for doctoral scholarships are made online through the eVision portal and can be made at any time of the year. Once you have applied for admission to your programme you will receive an alert in your student portal inviting you to apply for a scholarship.
Application Deadline: Applicants can apply anytime.