Charles M.Vest NAE International Engineering Scholarship 2018/2019
Applications for the Charles M. Vest NAE Grand Challenges Scholarship Program/Vest Scholarship are now being accepted. This scholarship is open to international students enrolled graduate program at one of the eligible universities in US. A range of benefits will be given to the winning applicants. The deadline is vary as mentioned below.
The Charles M. Vest NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering International Scholarship Program offers an unprecedented opportunity for international graduate students to work and study at one of nine US universities performing leading research in one or more of the areas described in the US National Academy of Engineering (NAE). The goals of the Vest Scholarships are to provide a platform to exchange ideas, share problem-solving skills and strengthen international relationships in order to advance progress in some of the most critical global challenges in the twenty-first century.
Each of the winning applicants’ will receive benefits as follow:
- The opportunity to spend a year at a leading US engineering school pursuing research to address one of the 14 NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering
- Living and travel expenses and tuition covered by the host institution for the 12-month duration of the scholarship
- An opportunity to perform research in the laboratory of a leading faculty scholar
- Access to relevant engineering classes and academic credit toward their graduate degrees (subject to the policies of the host institution and agreement between the host institutionand student’s degree-granting institution)
- There will be one Vest Scholarship offered at each of the 10 partner institutions.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in USA.
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an eligible graduate-level (master’s or doctoral) engineering or engineering-related program at the time of application and during the scholarship year.
- Exception: PhD graduates from eligible schools who are interested in careers in engineering education may apply for a post-doctoral Vest Scholarship at Olin College in the Grand Challenge area #13, Advancing personalized learning.
- Olin will also accept applications from current post-docs at eligible schools.
- Applications will be accepted from students at non-U.S. institutions that participated in the 2013 NAE/Royal Academy of Engineering/Chinese Academy of Engineering Global Grand Challenges Summit held in London.
- Note to US students: Several United Kingdom universities offer scholarships for international students in the Grand Challenges for Engineering. More information is available at raeng.org.uk/grandchallenges.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit the application page at the link below.
- August 1, 2017: Application form opens for 2018-2019 scholarships
- November 1, 2017: Applications due for 2018-2019 scholarships
- February 15, 2018: Vest Scholarship winners contacted
- Summer 2018: Vest Scholars begin a year of study at their US host institution