Held in UK, 2018 Fully funded Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship
The freedom of expression awards is here again, and guess what? this time its a fully funded event, so, hurry and forward your entries for this program before the deadline for applications submission
Index helps fellows build key partnerships, troubleshoot and receive expert support in multiple areas including personal safety, finance, PR and mental health. Fellows work with Index and partners to identify and realise key strategic goals. Index promotes news and regional developments through our magazine, website and social media.
Value of Award: Fellows receive 12 months of direct assistance, starting with an all-expenses-paid training week in London in April 2018.
To Be Taken At (Country): London, UK
Eligible Countries: All
- Arts: for artists and arts producers whose work challenges repression and injustice and celebrates artistic free expression
- Campaigning: for activists and campaigners who have had a marked impact in fighting censorship and promoting freedom of expression
- Digital Activism: for innovative uses of technology to circumvent censorship and enable free and independent exchange of information
- Journalism: for courageous, high-impact and determined journalism that exposes censorship and threats to free expression
- The 2018 Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship is open to any individual or organisation involved in tackling free expression threats.
- Four fellowships will be offered,, one in each of the following categories: journalism, campaigning, arts and digital activism.
- Anyone can nominate or self-nominate.
- Nominees must have had a recognisable impact in the past 12 months.
How to Apply: Submit your nomination
Application Deadline: Sunday 8 October 2017.
Award Providers: Index on Censorship