2018 Hans Böckler Foundation International PhD Scholarship
The Hans Böckler Foundation is now accepting applications for Hans Böckler Foundation PhD Scholarship Programme for International Students to promote research and studies. The HSB awards scholarships to doctoral students with outstanding academic gifts who show commitment to labor unions or socio-political issues.
The Hans Böckler Foundation is the DGB’s co-determination, research and study promotion program. It is committed in all its fields of co-determination as a design principle of a democratic society. It promotes this idea, supports mandate holders in co-determination functions and advocates extended co-determination rights.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any discipline offered.
Scholarship Award: Amount of scholarship:
- Doctoral students receive a grant of EUR 1,050 per month, plus a research cost allowance of EUR 100 as well as family and child allowances, if necessary.
- Stays abroad may be financed by means of a foreign residence allowance and contributions to travel costs and tuition fees.
- Non-material support in the form of seminars, events, networking meetings etc.
Number of Scholarships: Every year the HSB assigns about 100 grants.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Particularly gifted doctoral candidates in any discipline who propose a promising doctoral project and show commitment to labour unions or socio-political issues
Admission to post-graduate studies at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany
How to Apply: Applications for promotion can be submitted directly to the foundation at any time.
The application should contain the following documents in duplicate (union members please triple), including a sentence with a certified certificate, the other sentences in photocopies:
- Formless application for a doctorate scholarship with a well-founded presentation of the motivation for the doctorate and the motivation for the application at the Hans Böckler Foundation
- Application form (filled out and printed on the computer, no notes!)
- CV, tabular and detailed
- certified examination certificate, which is entitled to a doctorate (a certificate and simple copies)
- Description of the project (outline) with work schedule, schedule, and outline (max. Ten pages)
- Opinion of the scientific supervisor (an original with signature and copies)
The supervisor is asked to compile her opinion along our questionnaire and to take note of the “Agreement on a good practice of promotion of doctorates”.
- In the case of applications for a doctoral dissertation funded by the Hans-Böckler-Foundation and correspondingly written out, the report is prepared by the supervisors of the College
- Enrollment certificate or admission if available
Please send the application documents to us by post only.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are February 1, June 1 and October 1 of every year.