UKIES is delighted to invite applications for the UKIES Innovative Women’s Scholarship Program 2018. To apply, students are required to write an essay on one of the given topic below. The application deadline is 31 August each year.
We want to encourage all innovators who are on their way to college to continue shaking up the world with their brilliant new ideas. Our goal is to help ease the financial burden of college for women innovators so they can continue their mission of seeing the world in new ways and, in turn, making life easier for those around them.
The winning student will receive benefit of $2,000.
Level and Area of Studies
In order to qualify for the UKIES Innovative Women’s Scholarship, certain criteria must be met. The scholarship is open to students who have:
- Have solved common problems in their lives or the lives of others through innovative methods, and/or
- Have a mindset and lifestyle centered around innovation.
In addition, applicants must:
- Be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in an accredited college or university
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher, and
- Submit an essay regarding one of the topics below.
There is no citizenship requirement.
In order to be considered for the UKIES Innovative Women’s Scholarship, please submit a 500 to 1,000 word essay on ONE of the topics below:
- How have you solved a problem in your life or the lives of others around you through innovative means?
- Select a real world issue that you feel could be solved by innovation, and describe how you would address and solve the problem.
- Discuss a company that you believe, in the past year, has demonstrated innovation with their product/service. How have they bettered the lives of their customers?
31 August each year.