Leeds University Business School PhD Scholarship in the Rise of Emerging Market Multinational Enterprises
The Leeds University Business School is offering Leeds University Business School PhD Scholarship in Emerging Market 2018 Multinational Enterprises. The award is available to support full-time PhD study commencing on 1st February 2018.
The Leeds University Business School, is a full-service business school, a faculty of the University of Leeds and a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applications close: November 13, 2017
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing full-time PhD Programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the Rise of Emerging Market Multinational Enterprises
Scholarship Award: Tuition fees at the relevant UK/EU or international rate and a maintenance grant of £14,553 per annum (subject to approval and change). There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
Number of Scholarships: There is one scholarship available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Applicants must first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number (Student ID Number) to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a First Class Honours degree and a British Masters degree (or equivalent qualification) at Distinction level, in an appropriate academic discipline.
- The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study for 3 years leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are currently registered for PhD research study are not eligible for this competition.
The scholarship is open to the UK, EU and international fee rated applicants.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English must have a pass in an approved test in English prior by the scholarship closing date (EU/international applicants only). Candidates must have one of the following approved English tests:
- IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 7.0, with no subtest less than 7.0.
- iBT TOEFL: 100 or higher, with the following scores in each test: listening 22, reading 22, writing 23, speaking 24.
The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study for 3 years leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are currently registered for PhD research study are not eligible for this competition.
Tuition fees at the relevant UK/EU or international rate and a maintenance grant of £14,553 per annum (subject to approval and change). There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number (Student ID Number) to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications without a valid University ID Number will be rejected. You can find out more information on how to apply for a place on the PhD programme here.
- All applicants must complete the Leeds University Business School Scholarships Application Form.
The following documents must be uploaded with your PhD application or sent with your scholarship application by the deadline date:
- PhD application form: apply online
- Scholarship application form: this form must be completed in full. Download an application form from the Business School website.
- Research proposal: a 1000-2000 word document, in Word or .pdf format, outlining your proposed research topic and programme of research. Please see Writing Your Research Proposal for further details.
- Certified copies of qualification certificates: scanned copies of all your higher education and professional qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and full grading systems: scanned copies of the official University listing of the full set of marks contributing to the overall grade of your qualifications. If you have not yet been awarded your qualification, you must provide confirmation of your provisional marks to date.
- English language: applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence that you have met the English language entry requirements for this scholarship by the scholarship closing date (EU/International applicants only). You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by the official start date at the University of Leeds.
- Two academic references: you must submit two academic letters of reference from two people who have taught you at Masters (or Bachelors) level who are able to comment on your academic ability and suitability to study on the programme. References must either: be written on headed paper; or bear the institution’s stamp/logo; or be typed and stamped with the institution’s stamp on the University of Leeds Referee’s Report.