Government of Ireland International Students Postdoctoral Fellowships for 2018-2019
The Government of Ireland in her commitment to support and promote educations is inviting applicants for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Scholarship for International Students 2018, only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
The Council funds Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships for excellent researchers across all disciplines and encourages interdisciplinary research and engagement with enterprise. The Council facilitates the career development of researchers by funding those at an early stage of their research career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
Level: postdoctoral research programme
Field(s): all disciplines.
Scholarship covers: T
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,365 per annum (10.75% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum(20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
School(Institutions/ Country): | Ireland
Candidates must meet the following criteria to apply for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Fellows are selected in accordance with the Council’s Postdoctoral Fellowship application and assessment process; Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellows must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must have been awarded their doctoral degree within the five-year period before the 28th February 2015. For the purposes of this condition, the date of graduation will be taken into account
- Must have been certified as having fulfilled within the five-year period before the 28th February 2015 all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including a viva/thesis defence where such is required, but have not yet graduated.
- For the purposes of this condition, the original viva/thesis defence date and not the graduation date will be taken into account.
- Must have authored or co-authored at least one published peer-reviewed research publication; or demonstrable equivalent intellectual property output; or provided samples of their written research work.
- Must not have been employed as a Postdoctoral Researcher for more than 5 years at the closing date of the call.
- Must not be a permanent member of staff in an either an Irish HEI/RPO or an International HEI
- Fellows from any country may hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- However, Fellows under this scheme: must maintain their principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the Fellowship and; must satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their host institution(s) with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications (including Academic Mentor and Referee Forms) will only be accepted through the online submission system.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017
- FAQ- deadline16:00 (Irish time) 21 November 2017
- Applicant deadline16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017
- Mentor and referee deadline16:00 (Irish time) 7 December 2017
- Research office endorsement deadline16:00 (Irish time) 14 December 2017
- Call outcomeApril 2018
- Fellowship start date1 October 2018
Call documentation GOIPD 2017 – Terms & Conditions
Indicative Word forms
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.