International Fellowships At New Europe College in Romania 2018-2019
The New Europe College in Romania is delighted to call for applications for New Europe College International Fellowships in Romania 2018. Eligible applicants are welcome to apply and all applications are to be submitted before the stated deadline.
Level: Research Program
Field(s): humanities, social studies, and economics.
Scholarship covers: The Fellowship consists of: a monthly stipend of 750 Euro (tax free), accommodation, international transportation to and from the home country of the Fellows at the beginning and the end of the Fellowship, as well as for season holidays. The Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (2,600 Euro for transportation, accommodation, and per diem). As an alternative, they can opt for field research, in Romania or outside it. The Fellows are expected to work on their own projects, and take part in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their Fellowship, each Fellow is expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the results of his/her work over the duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in a NEC publication.
School(Institutions/ Country): New Europe College | Romania
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): New Europe College International Fellowships are targeted for International students can apply for this fellowship.
To apply for New Europe College International Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria :
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. title or be doctoral students in an advanced stage of their research. Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship.
- Working languages: English, French, and German. A good command of English is desirable.
‣ The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection by the end of March 2018, by e-mail. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview, organized on May 3-5, 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
Applications will be submitted in electronic format only, to the address: applications @ nec . ro
Candidates are asked to enter in the Subject field of their e-mail message ”NEC Fellowship”.
The deadline for the submission of applications is December 7, 2017.Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
We will acknowledge receipt of an application and confirm whether the application requirements have been met within 14 days after the deadline.
The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection in the first half of March 2018, by e-mail. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview, organized on April 18-20, 2018.
The application form, the application guidelines and additional information on New Europe College can be downloaded from here:
or requested by e-mail, at applications @ nec . ro
Mailing address: New Europe College, str. Plantelor 21, 023971 Bucharest, RomaniaPhone (+4) 021 307 9910, Fax: (+4) 021 327 0774, E-mail: applications @ nec . ro
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on December 7, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.