Masters Scholarships for International Students To study in Belgium 2018
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018 Masters Scholarships for International Students in Belgium, only eligible applicants will be considered for the program, Hurry now and apply .
Eligible Fields of Study: Eligible International Master Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven:
• Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship)
• Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
• Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Value of Scholarship: The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Eligibility: Candidates must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
Selection: The selection procedure involves several steps:
- The applicants go through the admission procedure of the Master Programme of their choice. Only students admitted to a Master Programme of the Faculty of Science are considered for the scholarship.
- The applicants with a complete file and meeting all the necessary requirements are selected for the first round.
- The list of applicants per master programme is sent to the respective programme director who ranks the students eligible for the Scholarship.
- The selection committee receives the list of the selected applicants per programme and agrees on a ranking of all the applicants.
- The selection committee selects a number of students to be interviewed via skype.
- The selected applicants are interviewed via skype
- The selection committee makes a final ranking of all the candidates that have been interviewed.
- The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund defines how many scholarships are available and awards the scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven.
- In the application form you have to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship by looking for the scholarship in the drop-down box. Do not forget this step or we will not know that you are applying for the scholarship!
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide for the courses that you deem most relevant for the master that you are considering,
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2018