PhD Scholarships At Vienna Graduate School of Finance in Austria 2018
The graduate school of finance in Austria is delighted to invite applicants for the 2018 Vienna Graduate School of Finance PhD Scholarships in Austria.All applicants are to ensure that the comply with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
The Vienna Graduate School of Finance (VGSF) invites excellent students to apply for the PhD Program in Finance (full-time program) starting in the coming academic year.Up to six Vienna Graduate School of Finance PhD Scholarships will be offered to the best applicants. The application period for the academic year 2018/2019 will be opened on November 3, 2015 (2:00 pm CET) and will end on January 29, 2016 (2:00 pm CET). The VGSF is a center of excellence in finance, located at the new WU campus in Vienna, Austria.
Level: PhD programme
Scholarship covers: The financial support is about 2000 Euros gross per month. After deducting insurance, tax, etc. it is about 1450 Euros (14 salaries/year). This should be enough to cover the living costs in Vienna, such that you can concentrate on your studies.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Vienna Graduate School of Finance PhD Scholarships are targeted for applicants from all around the world
- EligibilityThe Vienna Graduate School of Finance PhD Scholarships program is open for students from all countries with all academic specializations, provided they hold a Master degree or equivalent and have sufficient level of formal training.
- Students who are going to graduate soon (by June 2016) may apply, too. To participate in the selection process a candidate’s application must be received through the electronic application facilities.
Scholarship Application Method
- The next application period opens November 02, 2017 (02:00pm CET) and ends January 31, 2018 (02:00pm CET).
Applicants to the VGSF program should be aware that there are two rounds of evaluations. The VGSF faculty first evaluates all complete applications received by December 08, 2017 (02:00pm CET) and makes a first round of admission offers. Next, the VGSF faculty evaluates all complete applications received by January 31, 2018 (02:00pm CET) and makes a second and final round of admission offers.
Step I: Selection
- Complete applications which meet all admission requirements will be evaluated by the admission committee. Based on this evaluation the best applicants will be selected and will be invited to a VGSF Welcome Day in Vienna to get to know the graduate school.
Step II: Admission Offer
- Based on all available evidence the admission committee will determine a final ranking of applications. Top candidates will be given an admission offer, in form of a written notice of the applicant’s acceptance. To claim his/her place in the program, the applicant must confirm the admission offer in writing within ten days of receipt.
Step III: Admission Confirmation
If the applicant accepts the admission offer she/he will receive the admission confirmation. The admission confirmation has to be presented at the time of enrollment together with the required original documents.
- All information provided in the online application must be correct and complete. In case you need to make any important subsequent corrections please contact office(@)vgsf(.)ac(.)at.
- All correspondence will be made via e-mail using the e-mail address you have specified for the login to the online application tool.
In the online application form you have to provide the following information (Please make sure that uploaded pdf-files are well-arranged and organized. Please avoid filenames like “scan1.pdf”, and recommend naming files such that their contents can be easily identified):
- A self-statement of purpose (letter of motivation)
- All your degree certificates
- All your official transcripts (we advise you to provide grading scales or similar information; otherwise grades/transcripts may have little or no meaning, and/or may be difficult to interpret)
- Curriculum vitae
- GMAT or GRE (code number 9618) test scores; mandatory (!) and not older than five years
- Proof of English competence; for exampleTOEFL (code number 9618): paper based at least 600 points; computer based at least 250 points; internet based at least 100 points, not older than two yearsIELTS: at least 7.0 points (no band below 6) and not older than two years CAETOEIC: at least 800 points and not older than two yearsCPEBEC HigherAnother proof of your English competence (e.g. full degree program done in English, Master thesis in English, exchange program, internship)
- At least two reference letters: It is the applicant’s responsibility to organize the submission of lettersIn the online tool you only specify the contact details (name and e-mail) of the persons who are willing to provide reference lettersThey will not be contacted by VGSFReference letters must be sent by e-mail in .pdf format to office(@)vgsf(.)ac(.)at by the person who writes the letter (not the applicant!)Reference letters must be received before the application deadline
Online application tool
- Online Application Tool
(only available during application period)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.