Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships for Local and international students 2018
The Federal Institute of Technology is delighted to invite both local and international students for the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships 2018, only persons that have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this program.
Level: Master’s studies
Field(s): Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships are available for prospective students commencing the masters in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Energy Management and Sustainability, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microengineering, Communication Systems, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Molecular and Biological Chemistry, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics for education (in French only), Computational Science and Engineering, Physics and Applied Physics, Nuclear Engineering (joint program EPFL-ETHZ), Bioengineering, Life Sciences and Technology, Financial Engineering, Management, technology and entrepreneurship.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne-EPFL) |Switzerland
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships are targeted for Local and international students
Scholarship covers: Scholarship Award:
Internal applications (EPFL bachelor’s degree)
Fellowships for those candidates include:
- All Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships applicants must have achieved or be expected to achieve minimum average grade of 4.5 (average grade over the entire Bachelor’s) to start a specialized master’s in September 2018.
- Anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s Program is eligible. The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships are done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates. In order to apply for scholarship, you must follow the given criteria:
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs.
- Current EPFL students are automatically accepted in the Master’s Program of their field of study and only need to approve their re-registration in IS-Academia. However, if they would like to change their field of study and opt for example for a specialized Master’s (Computational science and engineering / Energy management and sustainability / Financial engineering / Management, technology and entrepreneurship / Nuclear engineering), they must follow the full online application procedure. This criteria is however not a guarantee of admission as the quality of application, the relevance of the followed Bachelor’s compared to the Master’s of interest, and the motivation of the candidate will also be assessed by the admission committee.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships
‣ All applicants must have achieved or be expected to achieve minimum average grade of 4.5 and hold a Bachelor’s degree.
‣ English Language Requirment: If English is the language of instruction of the study program or course you will be studying in Europe, you will be required to prove you
‣ have a sufficient level of knowledge of English in order for your application to be accepted. Although the expected level of command of English may vary depending on the school and, above all, the study program or course, the usual average English language requirement you will be required to have to study in Europe is 550 points (paper-based TOEFL test), or 213 points (computer-based TOEFL test), or 79-80 points (Internet-based TOEFL test), or 5.5 – 6.5 score in the IELTS test. Extra documents such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory. We will only consider documents uploaded in your online application form. (No documents sent by postal mail).
Scholarship Application Method
The application is done via the same online form than your application to a Master’s program. It is however necessary to tick a box indicating that your profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
‣ The application process is done entirely online, in French or English. Documents sent by email or fax will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications can be filled online from mid-November to the 15th of January, or from the 16th of January to the 15th of April. The application is done via the same online form than your application to a Master’s program. It is however necessary to tick a box indicating that your profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
Required Documents for Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Excellence Fellowships application
‣ All documents and diplomas should be in English, French, German or Italian.
Internal applications are reviewed once a year, in May, following the second Master’s programs admission committee.
Candidates should deliver their printed application to their section by April 30.
The application should contain:
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- a transcript of all grades obtained at EPFL
If the application is supported by the section, its director will join a recommendation letter to the file transmitted to the SAE.
If you are planning to switch to another section:
You still need a recommendation letter from the director of your section of origin but you must contact the deputy of your future section to introduce yourself. It is the deputy of your future section that will propose your application to the Excellence Fellowships Committee.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.