40 Postdoctoral Scholarships for International Students at Max-Planck Institute for Informatics to study in Germany, 2018
The 40 Postdoctoral Scholarships at Max-Planck Institute for Informatics in Germany 2018 is now available.The Max-Planck Institute for Informatics is currently inviting applications for more than 40 researchers of several nationalities to work in the Algorithms and Complexity Department.
The Max-Planck Institute for Informatics is devoted to cutting-edge research in informatics with a focus on algorithms and their applications in a broad sense. Our research ranges from foundations (algorithms and complexity, programming logic) to a variety of application domains (computer graphics, geometric computation, constraint solving, program verification, databases and information systems, and computational biology/bioinformatics).
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications deadline: December 15, 2017
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded from all areas of algorithmics, including related areas like computer algebra, complexity theory, and discrete optimization. The institute also seeking researchers interested in distributed computing and computational geometry.
- Scholarship Award: There is generous travel support available for all group members. Postdoctoral fellowships are available for one year through the Guest Program of our institute.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Currently, more than 40 researchers of several nationalities work in the Algorithms and Complexity Department.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: The Max Planck Institute for Informatics is located on the campus of Saarland University in Saarbruecken, Germany. Currently, more than 40 researchers of several nationalities work in the Algorithms and Complexity Department. Our working language is English. The group collaborates with several major research institutions in Europe and the U.S. and has high international visibility. There is generous travel support available for all group members. Postdoctoral fellowships are available for one year through the Guest Program of our institute. Guest researchers are free in their choice of research topics and collaborators.
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities and expressly welcomes these to apply.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the percentage of women in the areas where they are underrepresented and expressly encourages these to apply.
English Language Requirements: The institute working language is English.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Please prepare a single PDF file containing
- A curriculum vitae
- A complete list of publications, and
- A research plan (1 page suffices).