25 University of Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships in UK, 2018
The University of Birmingham is offering up to 25 scholarships for Masters Students from under-represented groups. UK and EU students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. Birmingham has continued to be a university unafraid to do things a little differently and in response to the challenges of the day.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: UK and EU students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: The Access to Birmingham (A2B) Postgraduate Scholarships will be available to students:
- Domiciled in the UK or EU
Students recorded at Home or EU for fee-status purposes are eligible, provided that they meet the other eligibility criteria.
- Studying full time or part time for a maximum of two years
A standard taught Masters course lasts one year if taken on a full-time basis, or two years if taken part-time. Full-time courses that last two years are eligible. Any course that lasts longer than two years is not eligible for the funding.
- Undertaking a Masters course in any subject (excluding Government-funded programmes such as Nursing, Teacher Training, and Social Work)
All taught Masters courses that are not already part-funded by the Government are eligible for the awards.
Who have previously participated in the University of Birmingham Access to Birmingham Scheme (A2B), Realising Opportunities or a similar undergraduate outreach or widening participation programme at another University
Awards will then be allocated on the basis of merit – simply meeting the criteria will not guarantee that your application is successful.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: To be considered for an award, applicants must have completed both of the following:
- Made an application to their intended Master’s programme. Please apply through the relevant programme page on the Course finder section of the University of Birmingham website. This must include all of the relevant supporting documentation: references, transcripts if available, and English language certification if applicable.
- Completed the Access to Birmingham (A2B) Postgraduate Scholarships application form. Applicants should enter the application ID number that they were given the application to the Master’s programme.
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship offer:
- The value of the Scholarship shall be £2,000 (two thousand pounds sterling)
- The Scholarship is intended to support the Scholar to access postgraduate education
- Payment of the award shall be made: as a credit against the Scholar’s tuition fees
- Nationality: UK and EU students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 25 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK