For 2018 entry Birmingham Law School is inviting applications for LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarships. These scholarships are open to international students who have completed an application to study LLB Law at Birmingham.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (founded in 1828 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery) and Mason Science College (established in 1875 by Sir Josiah Mason), making it the first English civic or ‘red brick’ university to receive its own royal charter
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing LLB programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of law.
Scholarship Award: £3,000 per annum will be awarded to successful applicants. Scholarships are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
Entrance Requirements: The LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarships will be available to students who are:
- International applicants: Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Not already registered on a law programme: Applicants must not currently be enrolled in an undergraduate law degree course at Birmingham.
- Self-funded: You must be self-funding and have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- In receipt of an offer: You must have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as your firm choice for a full-time undergraduate law programme starting September 2018. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Undertaking one of the following LLB programmes; LLB, LLB for Graduates, LLB International Law and Globalisation, LLB with Business, LLB with Criminology, LLB with French Law and LLB with German Law.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
To be considered for an award, applicants must, by the Friday 25 May 2018 deadline, have done both of the following:
- Made an application to their intended undergraduate law programme. Please apply through UCAS via the relevant programme page on the undergraduate law section of the University of Birmingham website.
- Completed the LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarship application form.
The application includes a 500-word statement, in which students should address why they should be made an award. You must include your UCAS ID number in your application.
How to Apply:
Before applying to an LLB and LLB for Graduates scholarship, you must have completed an application to study LLB Law at Birmingham. To make an application to study for any of our undergraduate law courses, you should apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).