MPI-DS Gauss Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany, 2018
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Göttingen is inviting applications for MPI-DS Gauss Postdoctoral Fellowships study in Germany 2018
These prestigious positions are aimed at postdoctoral researchers who have shown exceptional promise in their doctoral or early postdoctoral work, which needs to be in a relevant field.
The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization (MPIDS) belongs to the Max Planck Society. Its research focus is in physics, with strong interdisciplinary aspects. It emerged in 2004 from the Max Planck Institute for Fluid Dynamics. The MPIDS is now right next to the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, with which it already had and continues to have cooperations in interdisciplinary areas of physics, biology, and medicine.
- Application deadline: The positions are open until they are filled. Once a position is filled, all applicants will be informed about the final decisions.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The MPI-DS has recently appointed Oxford University theoretical physicist Prof. Ramin Golestanian as a new Director, and he is currently in the process of establishing the Department of Living Matter Physics. The new department will engage in a wide range of theoretical research aimed at a multi-scale understanding of the dynamics of living systems from a physical perspective.
- Scholarship Award: The candidate should hold a Ph.D./DPhil degree with a background in theoretical physics, applied mathematics, or related fields, have prior experience with nonequilibrium statistical physics of biological systems and soft matter, and be fluent in the English language. The Gauss fellowship is limited to two years with the possibility of extension. Salary is in accordance with the German state public service salary scale (E13 TVöD-Bund) and the corresponding social benefits. The earliest starting date is 1st March 2018.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: The department will have up to two research positions entitled Gauss Fellows.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The candidate should hold a Ph.D./DPhil degree with a background in theoretical physics, applied mathematics, or related fields, have prior experience with non-equilibrium statistical physics of biological systems and soft matter, and be fluent in the English language.
English Language Requirements: The candidates must be fluent in the English language.
How to Apply: Please apply online on our application portal. Applications in writing will not be sent back.
Please send your CV, publication list, a statement of research interest and at least two letters of reference. Your statement of research interest should be commensurate with the position you are applying to. In addition to the description of your proposed research if relevant (depending on the position you are applying to), it should also briefly describe your past and current research interests and why you are interested in joining our department. The positions are open until they are filled. Once a position is filled, all applicants will be informed about the final decisions.