Firstrand Foundation Scholarships for International Postgraduate Study, 2018
Applications are being accepted for FirstRand Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships are available to South African citizens for postgraduate study outside South Africa in any discipline at an international university of their choice.
The programmes are aimed at qualified graduates in a variety of professional disciplines and offer an opportunity to learn on a job, contribute to business results build skills and develop professionally.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any discipline at an international university of their choice.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships to the value of R800 000 per annum is available
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken at Abroad
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to South African citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the below criteria in order to apply for the scholarship:-
- There is no age limit, but preference will be given to candidates under the age of 35.
- Candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
- What makes this scholarship different from most is not only the personal interest which Laurie Dippenaar, chairman of FirstRand, takes in the selection process, but also his interest in the ongoing progress of the recipients.
- 2017 will be the 10th year that this prestigious scholarship will be awarded.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online. All applications including all the attachments and reference letters must be completed online.