ISRA Full Scholarships for International Students in Malaysia, 2018
The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) is offering full scholarships for international students. These scholarships are open to all nationalities for pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance, more commonly known by its acronym, ISRA, has been established to promote applied research in the area of Shari’ah and Islamic finance.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Academic tuition fees – excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance
- Equipment allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis/end of study allowance
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to all nationalities.
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing master or doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application form;
- A copy of letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
- A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts – Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
- A photocopy of personal identification/passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from referees;
- A copy of thesis proposal – applicable for the programme by researcher coursework & research.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.