Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Africa 2018 for Emerging African Leaders-Fully Funded Travel to Sweden
Application Deadline: 23.59 on February 6 2018.
Do you want to be a part of a network of emerging leaders with a shared interest in exploring 21st century business perspectives? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme for change-makers focusing on lasting success through responsible leadership and sustainable business. The programme started in 2014 and this year SIMP Africa opens up for participants from Uganda.
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in market driven economies.
As a participant in the programme you will meet prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia who will be presenting topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stake-holder engagement and leadership development. The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on your own business case.
By the end of the programme you are a part of a long-lasting and active network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
SIMP will give you:
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1973 – 1993)
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
- You can take part in all parts of the programme
- You are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
Kick-off, 2 days in one of the selected countries in Africa, 14 – 15 June 2018
You are introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning.
Module 1, 2 weeks in Sweden, 17 – 29 eptember 2018
You deep dive into how sustainble business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
Module 2, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Africa, 11 – 16 February 2019
The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You have the opportunity to visit and analyse a real business case.
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from the kick-off and module 2
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
Date:9 Jan 2018 – 6 Feb 2018
Evaluation of Applications
Date:7 Feb 2018 – 13 Feb 2018
Date:14 Feb 2018 – 9 Mar 2017
Date:23 Mar 2018 – 7 Apr 2018
For More Information: