Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences Scholarships for International Students in Singapore, 2018
The Nanyang Technological University is offering scholarships to outstanding freshmen students for pursuing full-time, and social sciences undergraduate programmes.
The Nanyang Technological University is an autonomous research university in Singapore. NTU is consistently ranked amongst the world’s best universities in all of the major college and university rankings and is regarded as one of the top universities in the world.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: March 19, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree programme at SUTD.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
- The scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintains a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant ).
- Travel grant of S$3,000 for an overseas programme (one-off) on condition that the scholarship holder attain at least one semester of Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.50 over 5.0, any time after completing one year of studies (two full semesters) in a humanities, arts and social sciences undergraduate degree programme.
- No bond is attached to the scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time humanities, arts and social sciences undergraduate degree programme, which is offered by the School of Art, Design and Media, School of Humanities, School of Social Sciences, or Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information. The scholarship will cover the years of study at NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Good co-curricular records.
- Good leadership qualities and potential.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
- Upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- Submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online.Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 3 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
How to Apply:
The same application period for admissions applies. Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates. Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for the scholarship.
Applicants with the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
NUS High School Diploma
The scholarship application form can be found at the link ‘Apply for Scholarship’ at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you. If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, you can login here to access the scholarship application form.