Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme 2018/2019 for young professionals in Frankfurt,Germany
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2018 (11:59 pm CET).
Fellowships will be awarded to outstanding young professionals who will be selected by Frankfurt School of Finance and Management and Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI), supported by an advisory committee of internationally recognized experts in the field of climate adaptation and climate finance.
- …work in a business or policy related field or if you are a researcher in climate adaptation finance.
- …are a highly motivated and committed person from a developing / emerging country.
- …aim for an academic or professional career in adaptation finance.
- …show a strong commitment to the AFFP, its objective and goals.
- 18-month comprehensive Fellowship Programme on adaptation finance free of charge (September 2018 to February 2020).
- Participation in a six-month Frankfurt School Development Finance e-Campus online certification course for climate adaptation professionals, the “Certified Expert in Climate Adaptation Finance”.
- Training and workshops during on-site events on emerging topics and leadership skills in Frankfurt and Bangkok
- Access to a mentorship programme and tutoring with internationally recognised experts in climate & adaptation finance.
- Opportunity to discuss and present own projects and business cases during a webinar series and on-site events with international experts
- Opportunities to contribute to webinars, blogs, publications, reports and journal articles
- Continuous online discussions, network opportunities and access to international professional networks of peers and leaders in climate adaptation and finance
- Researchers only: non-refundable grant to conduct research on climate adaptation finance and publication opportunities
- Business / Policy only: participation in academies on leadership skills in Frankfurt.
- Tuition fees, training materials, transport to and from Frankfurt and Bangkok respectively,* facilities, accommodation in a single room (incl. full board) and social activities for all workshops and academies will be covered.
- No honorarium will be offered.
*Fellows will have to pay a deposit which will be reimbursed after the successful participation of the full fellowship programme. Transportation has to be financed in advance by the fellows and will be reimbursed against receipt up to a fixed limit.
- Fellowship duration: September 2018 – February 2020
- Kick-off Workshop Bangkok: September 2018
- E-learning course: September 2018 – February 2019 (including final examination in mid-March 2019)
- Summer Academy Bangkok: mid 2019
- Winter Academy Frankfurt: end 2019
- Final Workshop Frankfurt: beginning 2020
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online using the AFFP application form. Only complete applications in English will be considered and consist of the following:
- Completely filled online application form in English language
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and letters of reference (of scholarships, employments etc.)
- Copy of valid passport
- Business and policy track: Outlining your personal motivation (*Please carefully read the motivational questions in the application form).
- Research track: Research Proposal, including a description of your research questions, conceptual framework, methodology, expected contribution, timeline and budget (*Please use the provided research proposal template only and read carefully the questions and instructions)
For More Information: