2018 TUD Scholarship Program for Early-Career Female Scientists in Germany
The Technical University Dresden (TUD) is offering Scholarship Program for the Promotion of Early-Career Female Scientists of TU Dresden (without Faculty of Medicine) in Germany.
This TU Dresden scholarship program aims to promote early-career female scientists of TU Dresden with a full scholarship for up to 3 years.
The Technical University Dresden (TUD) is one of the largest “Technische Universitäten” in Germany and one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Germany. As a full-curriculum university with 18 faculties in five schools, it offers a broad variety of 122 disciplines and covers a wide research spectrum. Its focuses of Biomedicine, Bioengineering, Materials sciences, and Information technology, Microelectronics as well as Energy and Environment are considered exemplary in Germany and throughout Europe.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to Early-Career Female Scientists.
- Study Subject: Grants are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship is awarded for a maximum period of three years depending on the available budget. The scholarship funding ends with the month in which the dissertation/habilitation thesis is submitted, at the latest after three years. The monthly grant consists of EUR 1,365.00 for PhD students and EUR1, 750.00 for postdocs, if applicable; a monthly family allowance of EUR 400.00 for the first and EUR 100.00 for each additional child can be paid.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Eligible are all female graduates, who intend to earn a doctoral degree or habilitation at TU Dresden, and who are not working more than two years on their doctorate/habilitation and whose funding by scholarships, third-party funds etc. has ended. The two years are considered to be completed latest in the month before the requested funding period begins.
The membership at Graduate Academy is mandatory when applying for funding or has to be requested within two months’ time after funding approval.
- Doctoral or habilitation candidates of the faculty of medicine are not eligible.
- Funding is not possible if you will be employed as a research assistant (for 19 hours per week) or hold an employment relationship or receive funding from another institution (such as private funding institutions, industry) during the applied period of funding.
- Sideline activities during the duration of the scholarship are possible for up to 10 hours per week and must be authorized in advance by the Graduate Academy.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: A complete application consists of the following documents:
- Online proposal form (Hyperlink) and a signed and scanned copy of the online proposal form after submission
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Tabular resume (CV) of the applicant incl. list of publications and previous teaching activities
- Copy of the latest university degree and if applicable, a current overview of grades (if applicable, a copy of a certified English translation of the certificate if it is in a foreign language)
- Description of research project (max. 7 pages) incl.
- Problem statement, explanation and aim of the planned project
- Description of the topic related to the state of the art inü the discipline (literature review)
- Preparatory work
- Work and time schedule for the requested funding period
- Certificate of enrollment or confirmation letter of acceptance as a doctoral candidate by the faculty (can be handed in within two months’ time after funding has started)
- If applicable, documents relating to a current grant/funding
- If applicable, statement of family situation (number of children, nursing relatives etc.) and declaration of the second parent, if or which scholarship is received
- If applicable, copy of children’s birth certificates
- In case of gainful employment submit an attestation that documents your work hours per week (not more than 10 hours/week)