NEPAD SANBio (Southern Africa Network for Biosciences), supported by the BioFISA II Programme (a Finnish-Southern African Partnership Programme to Strengthen NEPAD SANBio), is inviting tertiary level students and young professionals in the biosciences sector to participate in the SANBio Summer School in Pretoria on 25-26 February 2018.
Topics and outline
The Winter School will involve the following topics:
– Regulatory and ethics issues in clinical research
– Animal/human models in clinical research: Implications, merits and demerits
– Clinical study methodologies: statistics, tools and techniques
– Costs involved in clinical trials
– Raising funds for clinical research and commercialisation
– … and more. The focus will be on pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and cosmetics.
The 2-day programme will include presentations by experts in the field. The outcome of the first three days for the winter school participants is an understanding of different aspects and processes involved in clinical research.
The course outline may be subject to minor changes.
SANBio reserves the right of final decision in all matters related to participant selection.
* SANBio member states: Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Malawi, Namibia, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Seychelles, Madagascar and Zambia
How to apply
Tertiary level students and young professionals from SANBio member states* are eligible to apply for participation.
SANBio will be able to cover the travel and accommodation costs for a limited amount of participants. The participants will also be invited to attend the SANBio Annual Event 27-28 February 2018.
Participant selection and potential sponsorship (covering travel and accommodation costs) will be determined on the basis of the information submitted in the application.
Summer school applicants should fill in the survey below, including their idea/concept involving clinical research, along with a motivation letter for participation (max. approx. 1 A4); preference will be given to applicants with an already advanced or at least partially developed concept/product.
We may also contact you requesting a more detailed CV.
For inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for participation, click here.
Application deadline: 4 February 2018
For more information: