IDE-JETRO Research Fellowships for International Students to study in Japan, 2018
Applications are invited for IDE-JETRO Research Fellows for JFY 2018 to study in Japan. Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.Every applicant must have PhD Even if you have 2 master’s degrees, you are not qualified unless you have a PhD.
The Institute of Developing Economies (IDE) aims to make intellectual contributions to the world as a leading centre of social-science research on developing regions. We accumulate locally-grounded knowledge on these areas, clarify the conditions and issues they are facing, and disseminate a better understanding of these areas both domestically and abroad. These activities provide an intellectual foundation to facilitate cooperation between Japan and the international community for addressing development issues.
- Application Deadline: April 17, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Research Fellows of development studies (economic growth, economic integration, trade and investment, technological innovation, environment and natural resources, urban economy, rural areas and agriculture, population, education, health and labor, fiscal and monetary policies, industrial organization, the legal system, and other development-related issues).
- Scholarship Award: Paid leaves: Annual, Summer, and other miscellaneous leaves specified by the law
Salary: Determined by age and work experiences as per IDE-JETRO policies
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must hold a PhD (or expected to receive a PhD by March 2019). We accept applicants of all nationality. Positions are offered as tenure-track or other fixed-term contracts. An applicant with a distinctive capacity may be offered tenure immediately.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- Registration: All applicants must register online first.
- Documents: All applicants must provide the following by a postal or courier mail:
*We do not accept the submission via e-mail.
- Curriculum Vitae with a recent photograph (Download a template on our website)
- An essay explaining your motivation for applying for the position (either in English or Japanese, not exceeding one A4 size page)
- A list of your academic publications, including books, monographs, research papers, and other works in English and, if applicable, in Japanese
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or senior researcher from your institute or any comparable institution
- A copy of your PhD dissertation
- A copy of one major academic publication (book, monograph, research paper, or refereed article in English or Japanese)
- One copy of the abstracts of items listed in (e) and (f)
- Copies of diploma and certificates of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctor’s degrees. (To be submitted after a job offer is made.)