2018-2019 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2018
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco,Algeria, Serbia, Hungary,Egypt,
Tunisia, Turkey,Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan,Macedonia; and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c
All qualified candidates are advised to:
a. Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE
on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:.
b. Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
c. Print the completed Application Form
d. Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below FIELDS OF STUDY
a. Undergraduate level- Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,
Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture,
Medicine (very limited), etc; and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE ( For all Applicants):
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Language course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
ii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu before 15th February, 2018.
• Complete the application form online
• Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective
Zones of origin for proper identification.
Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and
- Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
ii. Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
iii. Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
iv. State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
v. Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
vi. Postgraduate applicatns will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Excemption certificates only.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of current International passport; and
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
iv) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
Kindly click Apply here to start the registration