The 2018 edition of the Geneva Challenge is a project funded by Swiss Ambassador Jenö Staehelin and is supported by Kofi Annan, the high-patron of the contest. The Geneva Challenge aims to encourage interdisciplinary problem-solving analysis among master students on advancing human development within the scope of a relevant topic. This year, students are invited to develop analysis-based proposals on “The Challenges of Climate Change”.
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time and has become a critical concern for both developing and developed countries. As the key to this issue is an interdisciplinary solution, crossing traditional boundaries between academic disciplines, we are inviting graduate students from all academic programmes to provide helpful strategic recommendations.
Teams of 3-5 master students must submit an 8,000 words proposal which:
- Identify a challenge stemming from climate change;
- Construct an interdisciplinary analysis on how it affects different aspects of development in a specific (but transposable) context;
- Propose innovation at the policy, practice, process or technology levels turning the challenge into development opportunity.
- There are five prizes, one per continent.
- The Geneva Challenge 2018 will distribute 25’000 CHF in monetary prizes and the finalists will be invited to publicly present their work in Geneva before a panel of high-level experts.
- Networking opportunities are also envisioned as part of the prize package.
- Participants of the ADG contest 2018 must be enrolled as graduate students at the time of their registration for the contest.
- Participants must gather in teams of 3 (three) to 5 (five) graduate students, who are able to contribute from at least 2 (two) different disciplinary perspectives to the submitted analysis.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Registration for teams ends: 16th April 2018
- The registration deadline is simply the date by which we need you to fill in the application form below, and send them your proof of enrollment that confirms your status as master students.
- Following which you have entire 4 months to prepare your proposals, which are due by the submission deadline on 20th August 2018
Application Deadline: April 16, 2018