Full Scholarships for MDF Courses to study in Netherlands, 2018
The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) is inviting development professionals to pursue MDF courses. These courses are available with full scholarships which cover all participants support costs: travel costs, accommodation, meals, excursions, and of course the training fee.
MDF’s mission is to foster competent professionals and improve the functioning of organisations and networks in order to increase their positive social impact.
Students should have a good command of English or French to be able to participate fully in the training.
- Application deadline: March 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MDF Courses.
- Study Subject: Scholarships
- Scholarship Award: Three MDF courses are currently available with full scholarships which cover all participants support costs: travel costs, accommodation, meals, excursions, and of course the training fee.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, funder of the NFP KOP and MSP programmes, has set a list of eligible countries. Professionals who are nationals of and work and live in one of these 51 KOP countries can apply.
You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: Multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), arge national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
You must have an official and valid passport;
You must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
You must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (only if applicable, please check this overview);
You have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement that should be printed on your organisation’s official letterheaded paper;
English Language Requirements: Students should have a good command of English or French to be able to participate fully in the training.
The required documents:
- Copy of a valid passport
- Employers letter, see step 1.
- Government statement, see step 1.
- Admission letter: here we ask you to include your CV of maximum two pages, including also your field of working: please also indicate the focus area.
How to Apply:
- Look at an overview of available NFP&MSP sponsored courses and read the course description.
- Before you start in Atlas, you need to have all the required documents and information ready, as you will need to submit them online during one session. Learn more on how to apply in Atlas. Required documents are only accepted in pdf format (max 2 Mb).\
- A Letter of motivation: Have this prepared so you can copy/paste it into the online application form. This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure. Questions that are asked in your Nuffic application are:
What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
How will this course enable you to address this issue?
How will you address this issue with your position within your organisation?