AFRINIC Fellowship program2018 to attend the 2018 Africa Internet Summit in Dakar, Senegal
Application Deadline: Sunday 18 February 2018, 00:00 UTC.
AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-28 Meeting to be held in Dakar, Senegal from 6 May to 11 May 2018. The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries.
The AFRINIC Fellowship program seeks to create a chain of AFRINIC ambassadors in AFRINIC’s service region.
The program aims to:
- promote AFRINIC’s mission.
- increase awareness around AFRINIC.
- provide an opportunity for fellows to participate to at least one of AFRINIC’s public policy meeting.
- allow the fellow to see the Internet multistakeholder model in action.
- provide an opportunity for fellows to network with experts from around the world on Internet related issues.
- equip attendees with the skills and knowledge to participate in the AFRINIC community. and in the AFRINIC Policy Development Process (PDP).
The AFRINIC fellowship is for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and organisation that are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and respective communities. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to Internet number resource management awareness and policy development in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, You:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member
- Are involved in the Internet community.
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your Organisation/country within an agreed time frame.
AFRINIC offers fellowship to delegates from across Africa to attend its Public Policy Meetings. Fellowships are funded by AFRINIC. Fellowships are offered for both annual AFRINIC stand-alone meetings and the Africa Internet Summit which is organised by AFRINIC and the other AF*.
The fellowship includes:
- Hotel Accommodation (Bed and Breakfast)
- Per Diem
- Full travel cost (air ticket and airport drop off from the airport to the venue)
- Travel insurance
AIS’18 from 29 April to 11 May 2018.
The Selection Process
The Selection Process is a set of steps used by the Fellowships Team to screen and select the fellows of an upcoming AFRINIC meeting:
- Applicants are ranked in order of preference by region. The number of fellowships available will vary dependent on the location of meeting, and budgetary constraints.
- Applicants are rated on their attendance and contributions at the local and regional levels on internet-related matters on community mailing lists and meetings. They are also expected to share on what they have learnt from their experience as a fellow.
- The Fellowship Team carefully evaluates all the applications then selects the applicants that are best suited for the fellowship, providing opportunities to individuals from a wide range of organisations and geographical locations within the AFRINIC service region.
- The Fellowship Team attempts to maintain a balance region-wise and the number of fellows selected varies according to the fellowship budget and location of each Meeting.
- The decisions of the Fellowship Team are final and the selected applicants are informed individually by email. A list of selected fellows is then announced on the AFRINIC’s announce list, website and conference website. (Applicants who are not selected are encouraged to apply for future AFRINIC Meeting fellowship)
- Open registration – Monday, 29 January 2018
- Close Registration – Sunday, 18 February 2018
- Notification of Selected – Friday, 09 March 2018
- Deadline of acceptance by Fellows acceptance – Wednesday, 21 March 2018
- Final acceptance and publication of fellows list – Tuesday, 20 March 2018
For More Information: