NABA Master of Arts in Fashion and Textile Design Competition for International Students in Italy, 2018
NABA is launching International Fashion Competition for EU and Non-EU students to study in Italy. Candidates are invited to introduce themselves through the presentation of a collection capable of reflecting their own personality
NABA is an internationally renowned innovative arts and design academy based in the heart of Milan’s design scene. NABA is the largest private educational academy in Italy offering six BA and seven MA courses, all recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
International students should hold a valid high school diploma, equivalent to an Italian secondary school diploma (obtained at the end of a period of study lasting at least 12 years) and IELTS 5.0 for non-native speakers.
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Master of Arts in Fashion and Textile Design.
- Scholarship Award: The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Fashion and Textile Design starting in September 2018.
- 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
- 2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
- €9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
- €14.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The competition is open to young designers that adopt and recognize in fashion a language able to visually embrace the essence of the contemporary world (music, visual arts, humanistic culture, technical/scientific culture, craft and industrial technologies, experimentation, and tradition).
English Language Requirements: Applicants must provide a certificate of knowledge of English or Italian – level B1.2 (according to the chosen program).
How to Apply: Candidates are required to submit:
- A pdf file with the layout coherent to the content including:
- Written introduction
- Visual introduction: moodboard – research –inspiration (If the candidate is not the owner, photo credits must be included)
- Sketches of the collection: min 3 max 9
- Drawings of the sketch you create
- Outfit images (ready-to-wear or still life): max 4
- Illustration: an illustration that represents the content of the
- Work in progress pictures: you have to shoot pictures of
each step during the creation of the outfit – Notes about the realization (i.e. sewn/made by the applicant, sewn/made by someone else, list of materials and techniques)
- Personal portfolio of works and projects/personal collection
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian
- Academic transcript/mark sheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with the corresponding number of hours/credits;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
- Candidates are asked to send their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio.
- Application fee is waived for competition participants