Application Deadline: 3rd May 2018 (23:59 GMT+1)
Start date : 1 October 2018
UNU-CRIS is pleased to announce that Ghent University, one of her strategic partners, has launched this year’s call for two PhD Scholarships for research at UNU-CRIS. If you are interested in doing research on subjects relevant to UNU-CRIS and would like to answer to this call, you have to find a supervisor at Ghent University, who is willing to supervise your PhD project. The scholarships are initially awarded for 2 years. After an intermediate evaluation, a second term of maximum 2 years can be granted.
The aim is to obtain a doctoral degree within a time span of 4 years. Keep in mind that these scholarships are very competitive and that we are looking for outstanding proposals and excellent study results. Candidates from outside the EU will, in addition, have to verify if their diplomas and certificates are recognised as valid by the Belgian authorities.
UNU-CRIS welcomes in particular proposals that fit one of its research programmes, but other proposals that relate to the UN and its goals could also be considered.
UNU-CRIS will be happy to assist candidates with realistic chances for a scholarship in contacting potential PhD supervisors at Ghent University and to discuss suggestions for research proposals.
- No restrictions on nationality or age. Only for candidates with excellent study results during the entire study career.
- The amount of the scholarship is approximately € 2.070 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar.
- Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7.440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the supervisor per term of 2 years.
How to apply?
- Click here to find all information about the application procedure and all the application forms.
- To apply for a doctoral scholarship with the UNU-CRIS label, your project proposal will need to be supported by an official statement by the Director of UNU-CRIS, Prof. Madeleine Hosli. For more information, please contact Pascale Vantorre (firstname.lastname@example.org) with CC to Ewout Ramon (email@example.com).
- If you have any additional questions related to the application process please contact Management Assistant at UNU-CRIS Mrs. Pascale Vantorre (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For More Information: