General Entrance Award Program at Dalhousie University in Canada 2018
The Dalhousie University is inviting applications for General Entrance Award Program. These scholarships are available for prospective undergraduate students for the academic year 2018-2019.
Dalhousie University is a public research university in Nova Scotia, Canada, with three campuses in Halifax, a fourth in Bible Hill, and medical teaching facilities in Saint John, New Brunswick.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:
Slaight Family Foundation Scholarship: $100,000 – $25,000 renewable for 4 years
Richard and Melda Murray Jamaican Engineering Scholarship: $88,000 – $22,000 renewable for 4 years
CorpFinance International Limited (Kevin Andrews) Indian Bursary: $60,000 – $15,000 renewable for 4 years.
- Number of Scholarships:
Slaight Family Foundation Scholarship – 1 available
Richard and Melda Murray Jamaican Engineering Scholarship – 2 available
CorpFinance International Limited (Kevin Andrews) Indian Bursary – 1 available
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to students from Africa, Jamaica and India.
- Entrance Requirements: By submitting this application you will be considered for a wide range of entrance awards, including the following awards available specifically for international students:
Slaight Family Foundation Scholarship: Open to students from Africa entering their first undergraduate degree, who demonstrate good academic standing, community involvement, and financial need.
Richard and Melda Murray Jamaican Engineering Scholarship: Open to students from Jamaica entering the Bachelor of Engineering program, who demonstrate good academic standing and financial need.
CorpFinance International Limited (Kevin Andrews) Indian Bursary: Open to students from India who demonstrate good academic standing and financial need and are entering the Bachelor of Commerce program.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
In addition to submitting their General Entrance Award application, students must also, by March 1:
- Apply for admission to Dalhousie directly from high school (gap years are acceptable if the applicant has not attended another post-secondary institution)
- Submit a transcript of their Grade 12 first-semester finals (or up-to-date official transcript if the applicant’s high school is not semestered) to the Registrar’s Office. Please note: If you have already submitted your transcript to the Registrar’s office as part of your Admissions application, you do not need to submit another copy for awards purposes. Ontario and Nova Scotia applicants may submit their provincial student ID number instead of a transcript.
- Submit all supporting documentation as required by optional sections within the General Entrance Award application (e.g., Notices of Assessment, medical documentation, etc.)