Travel to Ibadan, Nigeria-Call for International Campus Ambassadors for African Medical Students: 2018 Federation of African Medical Students Association (FAMSA) Funded to travel to Nigeria
The Federation of African Medical Students Association (FAMSA) is the official single body for all Medical students in Africa. Established in 1968, FAMSA is a project – oriented medical student body recognized by the African Union, and the World Health Organization with her permanent headquarters board hosted by the University of Ibadan Medical Students association, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. FAMSA holds her annual General Assembly (GA) where topical health issues are discussed, with students and resource persons presenting papers regarding the theme of the GA.
The 32nd GA will be held in West-Africa’s largest city, Ibadan in August 2018. This will bring together healthcare students, professionals and relevant stakeholders from both member countries throughout Africa, and globally. International Campus Ambassadors (ICAs) are individuals from campuses who will serve as representatives of the Organizing Committee towards the 32nd GA of the Federation of African Medical Students Association, which happens to equally celebrate 50 years of her existence. They will be liaison officers, in their resident campuses promoting the GA and Scientific Conference and serving as the primary means of contact with prospective delegates from their respective campuses. As an ICA, you will be expected to utilize your campus networks through various students associations and connections, as well as engage in social media campaigns, campus workshop and so on to promote the General Assembly. You, as an ICA, will be the face of FAMSA GA and 50th Anniversary 2018 in your campus!
- Each prospective applicant must be an undergraduate student of Medicine
- Must be available to work from March to August, 2018.
- Must be an individual with great leadership skills and must be committed to work under the Organising Committee.
- Must be influential individuals with great organizational skills and active both on, and off campus environment.
- Must have strong communication skills, and be able to communicate in written and spoken English language.
- Must be Tech-Savvy, as communication and correspondence with be via online platforms.
- Must be an innovative individual ready to create platforms for publicity and promotion of the 32nd FAMSA GA and Scientific Conference.
- ICAs will attend the 32nd FAMSA GA, with conference registration, accommodation and feeding expenses catered for (this does not cover for any flight or transportation to and fro the conference).
- Profiles for each ICA will be put on the conference website recognizing their commitment towards the Organising Committee.
- Certificate of stewardship will be awarded to each ICA as part of the Organising Committee of the 32nd GA and 50th
- ICAs will have the opportunity to build on their communication, leadership, and organizing skills as they network with other ICAs and conference participants.
- Performance based benefits amongst other incentives.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are invited to visit the link and complete the form before
Friday 9th March, 2018. 11:59 pm (GMT +1)