2018 Highly Qualified Personnel Scholarship Program at University of Guelph in Canada
The University of Guelph is inviting applications for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program. The scholarships are available for students entering the first semester of a master (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
The OMAFRA – U of G Partnership funds the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector. The health of these sectors depends on a vibrant talent pool of skilled, forward-thinking learners.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: March 19, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for students entering the first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
- Study Subject: Scholarships OMAFRA’s priorities are contained within the following seven theme areas: Agricultural Policy and Rural Development; Bioeconomy – Industrial Uses, Emergency Management, Environmental Sustainability, Food for Health, Product Development and Enhancement through Value Chain Collaborations and Production Systems (Plants and Animals).
- Scholarship Award: Master’s students: $21,300 per year (up to $17,300 from HQP Program, plus $4,000 annual top-up from Faculty Advisor) and Doctoral students: $26,000 per year (up to $21,000 from HQP Program, plus $5,000 annual top-up from Faculty Advisor)
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Canadian and international students studying in Canada are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
Be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
Be entering your first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph;
Not have already started your graduate program;
Not be an OMAFRA employee
Not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
The OMAFRA – U of G Research Program uses a web-based software called Research Management System (RMS) for processing HQP scholarship applications and reporting on projects.
- You must register in the RMS before you can prepare an application. You do not need to register again if you have previously submitted a letter of intent (LOI) or full proposal to an OMAFRA-U of G Partnership program or an OMAFRA program through the RMS.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit RMS registration page to get a username and password
- Student research must address OMAFRA’s research priorities