Application Deadline: March 16th 2018
The Voices of a Brighter Future competition (the Competition) is being carried out by the
United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (here forth referred to as UN-OHRLLS).
1. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be a national born in one of the 47 Least
Developed Countries (LDCs). The list of LDCs can be found at the end of this document or at
the following link: http://bit.ly/2v4Oawy. Submissions from nationals of non-LDC countries will not be considered.
List of the 47 Least Developed Countries
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho,
Liberia, Madagascar , Malawi , Mali, Mauritania , Mozambique , Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal , Sierra Leone , Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan,
Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda , United Republic of Tanzania , Vanuatu , Yemen,
2. Employees of the United Nations and their immediate families as well as persons connected
with the Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
3. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is
true, current and complete. The UN-OHRLLS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
4. The UN-OHRLLS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to
believe the entrant has breached any of the Terms and Conditions for the Competition.
- Only one submission per journalist is allowed. Journalists must be affiliated with a recognized media outlet and submit a Reference from said outlet.
- All submissions must be made through the Competition Application Form at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/3CwATs71nrA5S4803
- At no stage in the Competition will there be a fee charged for entry.
- Stories should focus exclusively on one or more LDCs and must have been published between 16 August 2017 and 16 March 2018 and distributed by a recognized news outlet in an LDC. Submissions outside of the Competition dates will not be considered.
- Submissions can include print, radio and video. (For print -1,400 word maximum, radio and video of maximum 10 minutes. ll photos should be accompanied by captions).
Print stories need to be accompanied by a minimum of three photographs. Please credit the photographer. A photographer other than the main entrant will not be considered as a separate entrant in the competition. Full credit must be given for accompanying photos,
which are not the work of the submitting journalist.
Stories can be submitted in any language. Stories in languages other than English and French must be accompanied by an English translation.
Please submit both a URL link to the story that has been published/ broadcast and
the original file of the story in either: word, pdf, mp4, mp3, WAV
For More Information: