- Your idea or business is a for-profit.
- You have a strategy for positive social impact.
- Your idea fits in one of this year’s categories.
- Your idea is for Africa, or an African country.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old as of November 1, 2018.
- Your business or idea must be applicable in an African country.
- Your business or idea must include a technological component (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies,…)
- Your business or idea must be for profit.
- Your business or idea must include a social impact. You need to articulate the problem you are trying to solve as well as the solution you offer.
- Your business or idea must be relevant to one of these categories:
Innovation: An idea or invention which is or can become a good or service that creates value for which customers will pay.
Ex: Using a new technology (something new to the industry), or using a new business model (new way to deliver, collect, share), or solving a problem not solved before in your region.
New technology, a new business model or attempting to solve a problem that’s never been solved before.
Is it durable?
Is it multi-functional?
Is it environmentally sustainable?
Is it low cost?
Sports Entrepreneurship: An idea, prototype or startup business in the sports industry which is a Product (e.g. apparel, equipment), Production Method (e.g. supply chain), Service (education, health, spectator-experience, athlete-experience), Supplier (e.g. sources of materials, resources), Market (e.g. buyers) or Media (e.g. promotion, information).
Promotes integrity, perseverance and friendship to unite communities.
To what extent does it strengthen the economy?
To what extent does it improve health of our youth?
To what extent does it reflect values, especially integrity?
April to October 2018:
Deadline: April 30th 2018
For more Information: