The Cardiff University is offering PhD Scholarships in Computer Science and Informatics: Complex systems, data and knowledge engineering, or visual computing.
The Cardiff University is a public research university in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom. Founded in 1883 as the University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire, it became one of the founding colleges of the University of Wales in 1893, and in 1997 received (but held in abeyance) its own degree-awarding powers.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Computer Science and Informatics
- Scholarship Award:
Tuition fee support: Full UK/EU tuition fees
Maintenance stipend: Doctoral stipend matching UK Research Council National Minimum
Additional funding offered: Funding is provided to cover items such as research consumables, training and travel to conferences. Students can earn additional income supporting the School’s teaching.
- Number of Scholarships: There are three scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to all students of any nationality.
- Entrance Requirements:
Residency: Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions (UK/EU and International)
Academic criteria: Applicants must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First Class or Upper Second Class degree or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
In the “Research Proposal and Funding” section of your application, please specify the project title and supervisors of this project and copy the project description in the text box provided
Please select “No, I am not self-funding my research” when asked whether you are self-funding your research.
Please add “PhD in Computer Science and Informatics: Complex systems, data and knowledge engineering or visual computing” when asked “Please provide the name of the funding you are applying for”.
Submit a research proposal of approximately 500 words with your application. Read about the research groups and the work of individual academic staff to help guide your application. Applicants are encouraged to contact relevant staff to refine and align their proposal with the research strategy of the School before applying.
How to Apply:
Please apply for the PhD in Computer Science and Informatics with an October 2018 start date.