About the Program
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is a private merit-based scholarship program established in 2000 by Orascom Construction as part of the company’s commitment to promoting excellence and achievement. Orascom Construction launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it operates.
This program is a precedent in Egypt for private sector involvement in educational programs on a sustainable basis. The aim of which is to facilitate the academic development and character building of young Egyptians giving them the tools to develop their careers hence benefiting their communities in which they live.
Since 2000, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program has financed the educational dreams of 74 extraordinary students. Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program, Orascom Construction provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian students seeking to pursue their Degrees at prestigious universities in the United States with the aim of bolstering Egypt’s economic competitiveness.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships are awarded based on merit and character as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative. The scholarships include full tuition, living allowance, travel and health insurance.
· GPA : 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade)
· TOEFL: iBT: 100 or above
· MBA – GMAT: 650 or above (taken within 5 years)
· MA in Engineering:
– Old GRE scores are no longer acceptable.
– New GRE scores: Minimum acceptable
– Overall: 302
– Analytical Writing: 4.5
· Extracurricular Activities Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
· A minimum of three years working experience.
· Fields of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction management.
· Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2019.
· Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
· Plan on pursuing their master’s degree at one of the top universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Engineering.
· Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
· Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of the degree.
Important to note:
· Candidates who already have one Master’s degree from a foreign university, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered.
· Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field different from the one that they’re applying for will be considered.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
· Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for the below approved universities only. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
· The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities.
Successful candidates should:
· Meet The Eligibility Criteria.
· Plan to study in the United States in the year 2019.
· Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will be given to non-holders of dual nationality).
· Be committed to return to Egypt for two years directly after completing their bachelor’s degree.
· Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
How to Apply
Documents to submit:
· Application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application
· Copy of test scores (TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT).
· Copy of transcripts.
· Copy of graduation certificate.
· Two recommendation letters.
· For E-mail inquiries regarding the scholarship: OSSP@amideast.org or contact AMIDEAST on 19263.
|· California Institute of Technology
· Stanford University
· The University of California – Berkley
· Yale University
· Georgia Institute of Technology
· Northwestern University
· The University of Chicago
· Harvard University
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|· Princeton University
· Cornell University
· Columbia University
· Duke University
· The University of Michigan
· Dartmouth University
· Carnegie Mellon University
· The University of Pennsylvania
· The University of Texas – Austin
For more Information: