Application Deadline: April 22nd, 2018.
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) announces up to 5 vacanciesfor undergraduate students to work in a lab at the CNIO over the summer.
The programme runs from June, 25 to August 17, 2018, and is open to undergraduate students of any nationality who have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (e.g. Biology, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Bioinformatics).
- You must have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- You must maintain your undergraduate student status throughout the whole summer programme (June 25 to August 17, 2018).
- You must have an excellent academic track record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 ( with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- You must have a good knowledge of English.
- You must be available from June 25 to August 17 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
- Travel expenses and meals at the CNIO cafeteria will be covered for summer training programme students during their stay at the centre.
- In addition, students without public health assistance benefits in Spain will be covered with a private health insurance provided by the CNIO for the same period of time (8 weeks).
Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background. The student will be working under the supervision of the group/unit leader or a member of the research group. The participants will attend a series of seminars given by faculty members and researchers from the CNIO. Students will be required to present the results of their summer projects at the end of the programme.
Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic record and letter of motivation.
- Only online applications will be considered. To apply go to http://www.cnio.es/ing/cursos/practicasverano.asp and complete the application form, choosing three laboratories in the order of preference. Please attach your CV in pdf format; doc and rtf formats are also accepted.
- Please note that the size of this document must not exceed 1MB. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1 Two letters of recommendation
2. Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating
the number of credits passed
3. Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport
4. Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private, during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
For More Information: