Postdoctoral Position 2018 in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer
The Ghent University is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer. Applicants must have a PhD degree in biomedical sciences, medicine or molecular biology or biotechnology or should obtain a PhD in the near future.
Applicants will be part of an international, young, enthusiastic, motivated team using English as the main language.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer.
- Scholarship Award: The university offers:
- A 4 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute
- The candidate will be embedded in a competitive international research group of about 10 highly motivated (and very nice) people that work together as a team.
- The lab is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe – Starting date: as soon as possible, but flexible.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a PhD or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include working with murine cancer models, intestinal organoid cell culture, immune histochemistry, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo. – Experience in omics techniques and bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
How to Apply: Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Andy Wullaert (Andy.Wullaert-at-UGent.be).