Application Deadline: May 31st 2018
The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Scholarships abroad (excluding MBAs and Ph.Ds.) to graduates who are domiciled in and are nationals of Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (and only to graduates in these three countries). Scholarships are taken up at a partner university in the United Kingdom or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of their country. Duration is normally for a one-year taught Master’s in the UK and two years in South Africa.
Postgraduate Scholarship expenses are shared between The Beit Trust and the following Universities:
Glasgow – University of Glasgow (Biomedical Scholarships)
Glasgow – University of Strathclyde (Engineering Scholarships)
Oxford (Wadham College)
University of Cape Town
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust sponsors ONLY students who are nationals of Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe, and currently live there. In addition, the Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- All applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of ageon 31 December of the year of application. Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is essential. Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have completed 18 months of internship and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in the relevant country.
Prospective applicants, who must hold at least an upper second class degree (2:1): i.e. Merit or Distinction
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- Payment of a personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for: arrival, a laptop, printing of a thesis, and return home.
- Economy Class air passages are provided by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study, and on final return.
Zimbabwe and Malawi: Application lists open on 1 March (online link below). Please read these guidance notes before you go online.
Zambia: Application lists open on 1 March and should be made to: The Secretary, The Beit Trust, Beit House, Grove Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5JB, ENGLAND. E-Mail: email@example.com
Please note that all documents, including independent references, must be received by The Beit Trust by 31 May.
Zimbabweans – the application form can be obtained fromhttps://beitrust.wufoo.eu/forms/zzhmurj1dwav1p/
Malawians – the application form can be obtained fromhttps://beitrust.wufoo.eu/forms/zzhmurj1dwav1p/
Zambians – you will need to complete an initial application form using this online initial application link. Applicants are urged to submit the online form as early as possible to establish whether they would qualify to apply. If you do qualify, a form will be emailed to you and you will be required to provide additional information and details. This information will include, but may not be restricted to, the following:-
- A fuller application
- A medical certificate from your doctor
- A certified transcript of your degree results
- A certified document of evidence of residency (National Registration Card or birth certificate)
- Current CV showing all work experience
- A current photograph (not a passport photo)
For More Information: