2018 DIFC Cork Pathway Scholarships in Ireland and UK
The new 2018 Cork Pathway Scholarships are available for international students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degree programme.
In addition to these, DIFC is very pleased to announce the following University scholarships available to all students studying with DIFC who progress to one of the Cork partners: Science & Pharmacy Scholarships available worth 25% of tuition fees (up to €20,000 over 4 years), Scholarships worth 25% of tuition fees on all programmes (up to €12,000 over 4 years), Part scholarships worth €2,000 per year available on all programmes(up to €8,000 over 4 years).
Dublin International Foundation College (DIFC) was set up in 1999 to deliver specialised foundation courses preparing international students for entrance into partner universities in Ireland and the UK. Both undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes are taught and students who successfully complete these are placed in a wide-variety of Higher Education courses.
- Application Deadline: The Cork foundation programme begins in October next and the scholarship applies to all applications, it does not have a deadline.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Study Subject: Pathways offered include:
- Engineering & Technology
- Health Science
- Pre-Masters Preparation
- Scholarship Award: These scholarships bring the overall value of up to a possible €20,000 off Foundation and undergraduate tuition fees for DIFC students.
Students who choose to study with DIFC Cork will be automatically eligible for the following scholarships
- €2,600 for IFY Business, Engineering & Technology or Science programmes
- €3,800 for IFY Health Science
- €2,000 for Pre-Masters preparation
Scholarships are deducted from your Foundation tuition fees.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland and UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
International students who have completed I/GCSEs or O-Levels, as well as students who have received their AS or A Levels, are eligible to apply for the DIFC International Foundation Year programme.
- 100% of students who successfully pass the Foundation programme will achieve a university placement
- Specially designed university preparation programme across a variety of pathways.
- Individual and group university placement counselling offered to guide students on best preferences for achieving your goals.
To be eligible to apply for the IFY in DIFC Cork, the following entry requirements apply:
- Students must be at least 17 years of age by 10th September 2018.
- Completion of a High School Certificate with good grades
(minimum academic entry requirements apply).
- IELTS of at least 5.0 overall
English Language Requirements: IELTS of at least 5.0 overall.
How to Apply: The application process is as follows:
- Complete all the sections of the online application form (or download the Application Form here and email to info-at-difc.ie)
- Attach your academic certificates/results/transcripts, English Language level certification (IELTS), passport and CV were required on the application form
- We will assess your application and if successful, we will respond within 3 working days with a Provisional Offer Letter, Invoice and Visa application information
- To secure your place on the programme, full fees must be paid
- We will send you a Final Offer Letter which you will require to make your visa application
- Apply for your visa (if required). We will help you with your visa application if you wish
- Receive your visa and book your flights to Dublin