2018 Vital Voices/Hilton Global Freedom Exchange for emerging women leaders
Application Deadline:11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 27, 2018.
Capitalizing on the leadership and expertise of international leaders in the Vital Voices network, the Global Freedom Exchange (GFE), A Hilton Worldwide and Vital Voices partnership, leverages leadership to end trafficking. Relying on a multi-faceted, impact-oriented approach, the program provides a dynamic educational and mentoring opportunity for emerging women leaders who are on the forefront of global efforts to prevent and respond to the destructive crime of child trafficking.
Each year, the GFE convenes a select group of between 15-25 women leaders from countries around the world. Over the past four years, the GFE has involved a total of 87 women leaders from 38 countries in the two-week experiential, interactive, learning and networking program in the United States that have developed unique, effective approaches to addressing human trafficking.
GFE Fellows all over the world use the tools and connections they obtained during their Fellowship experience to offer comprehensive services to survivors, reduce vulnerability to trafficking, hold perpetrators accountable, and to create a worldwide network of anti-trafficking leaders who are creating a safer world for vulnerable youth.
- GFE participants, known as GFE Fellows, leverage the knowledge and networks gained from this program to enact positive change in their own communities and regions. Five GFE Fellows are selected each year to receive small grants to implement projects that build on the program’s mission to end child sex trafficking around the world.
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following criteria.
- All candidates must be women
- All candidates must have professional working proficiency or higher in the English language
- All candidates must represent a non-governmental organization (NGO) or institution working to eliminate human trafficking
- All candidates should demonstrate a commitment to preventing, responding to, and eliminating labor trafficking and/or sex trafficking, particularly as it relates to and affects women and girls
- All candidates should demonstrate leadership potential. Candidates should lead or be actively engaged in organizations where they have demonstrated an interest in passing on new skills and contacts to other women and girls in their communities.
- Optional: Based on the tremendous success of incorporating survivor advocates in past programs and in the interest of promoting survivor-informed discussions, Vital Voices is especially interested in including survivor advocates that meet the above criteria and are interested in participating
- Only completed applications will be reviewed for acceptance. The online application and nomination form will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern TimeonApril 27, 2018. No applications will be accepted after that time.
- You should be able to save your partially completed application or nomination form and return to complete it at a later time; however, issues with this function have been reported in the past. To prevent you from losing your work, we recommend typing your essay responses in a separate document that you can save on your computer, and then copying and pasting them into the online application when you are prepared to submit it.
- Please contact Sarah Wentz at email@example.com if you have any questions about the application/nomination form or if you encounter
- any technical issues while completing the online form.Please note that due to the large volume of applications and nominations we receive, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified via email by the end of May 2018.
For More Information: