2018 CIC bioGUNE PhD Fellowship in Metabolomics
CIC bioGUNE is offering PhD Fellowship in Metabolomics for 48 months to study in Spain. The student will be enrolled in a PhD program at the University of the Basque Country as the degree awarding institution.
The overarching aim of this project is to develop and robustly validate metabolomic-based non-invasive serum biomarkers that diagnose subtype, risk stratify, monitor NAFLD and its progression to NASH and the response to treatment.
CIC bioGUNE is a key research centre within the national and international scientific landscape and has emerged as a knowledge source in the area of health science. The cutting-edge scientific activity of CIC bioGUNE researchers explores the interface between Chemistry and Biomedicine, with emphasis on Structural, Molecular and Cell Biology.
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in metabolomics
- Scholarship Award: 48 months. The student will be enrolled in a PhD program at the University of the Basque Country as the degree awarding institution.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The applicant should have a degree in analytical chemistry, be fluent in English and is expected to rapidly take up and develop techniques and concepts from synthetic and analytical chemistry. The candidate should have proficiency in high-resolution chromatography coupled mass spectrometry, be interested in liver metabolism /function and interested in biostatistics and modelling of biological systems. The PhD student should be desired a working knowledge of R and/or Python.
English Language Requirements: The PhD student should be desired a working knowledge of R and/or Python.
How to Apply: Please send your CV together with a letter of motivation and a minimum of 2 references to rrhh-at-cicbiogune.es specifying Ref. 43112 RRHH in the subject line until 02.05.2018.