Application Deadline: Monday, 30th April, 2018.
Call for Expression of Interest to carry out a Research –
The Role of Leadership and Employability Skills Training on Student’s Learning Outcomes in Secondary Schools
Under the framework of the iLEAD Fellowship, LEAP Africa in partnership with Ford Foundation is pleased to put out a call for Expression of Interest (EOI) to carry out an action research to provide insight into how the actions and interactions taking place during the delivery of the iLEAD programme enables the assumptions of expected outcomes for the beneficiaries from a transformative leadership lens.
The research seeks to contribute to broader discourses and policy development on improving learning outcomes for students and providing interventions that will help young people make fundamental transitions by ending poverty, providing quality education, creating jobs and reducing inequality.
- Researchers, Academics, Research institutions, Civil Society advocacy organisations, Think Tanks and NGOs domiciled in Akwa-Ibom and its environs (Rivers State, Cross Rivers and Abia States) are preferred.
- Applicants should have at least 3 years post PhD experience in the following fields; political science, sociology, economics, public policy, or development studies;
- Applicants shall have experience in leading research that has culminated in at least two peer reviewed publications;
- Applicants shall have good understanding of the context of thematic area;
- The applicant will have experience in developing technical research products such as literature synthesis, policy briefs, info-graphics, and research reports. LEAP Africa does not encourage plagiarism – we are keen on simple and effective language to fit our audience.
- Applicant should possess the ability to draft clear, concise and accurate reports in English that address national and international development practitioners as well as policy makers.
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by, Monday, 30th April, 2018. Kindly quote “Research on Leadership and Employability Skills Training” in the subject line of your email. In the first phase, short listed candidates will be invited to make a presentation on their EOI’s after which a final screening will be conducted.
The assignment is expected to be completed by June 2020. Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 7th May, 2018 and given further guidelines.
For More Information: