Educator Annual Student Scholarship
Worldwide Student Scholarship
Our mission at Educator.com is connecting great students with great teachers. That is only possible thanks to the high school teachers, tutors, and college professors whose knowledge and passion allows us to create affordable video lessons in math & science.
We are grateful to our community and want to help foster the next generation of scholars, so we decided to give a hand to students who are working hard in their college careers. We also wanted to have multiple chances for applicants to win something to advance in education.
First place will win a $1,000 scholarship, 2nd place will win a $500 scholarship, and 3rd/4th/5th place will win an annual unlimited subscription to Educator’s 100+ course catalog ($300 value each).
$2,400 Worldwide Student Scholarship
Both current college students and rising freshmen are eligible for this scholarship. The scholarships will be awarded to two students ($1000 for 1st and $500 for 2nd), and the money will be transferred to their University to go towards the tuition fee. 3rd/4th/5th place winners will be emailed a login for their Annual Educator.com Subscription.
The students will be chosen based on their academic achievements and essay. The choice will be made by a scholarship committee of two Educator Co-Founders, and two Educator.com Instructors. To apply, applicants need to submit a scan of their most recent transcript (High School is ok for rising freshmen) plus one 500-1000 word essay on “What is the greatest problem in education today and how would you change it?”. Educator.com will only consider the work for this scholarship, and will not use it for any other purposes.
- Application Deadline: August 31st, 2018
- Application Results Announcement: October 1st, 2018
- Scholarship Amount: 1st place: $1000, 2nd place: $500, 3rd/4th/5th: 1 Annual Subscription to Educator.com ($300 value each)
- Requirements: Most recent transcript (High School is ok for rising freshmen) + 500-1000 word essay on “What is the greatest problem in education today and how would you change it?”
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with ‘Scholarship Application + Your Name’. The deadline is August 31st, 2018 midnight PST; applications received after this date will not be considered.
NOTE: to be eligible for this scholarship, your educational institution needs to be a partner. Please refer university staff or administrators to the following pages: general scholarship information and information for university staff.
Please include the following information in your application email:
- Your first + last name
- Your full address
- University name and country
- University administrator name and contact info (including email address and phone number)
- Your major
- Your expected graduation month and year
- Your most recent transcript as an attachment
- 500-1000 word essay on “What is the greatest problem in education today and how would you change it?”
If there are any questions, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.