News Corp Media Fellowship for Journalists from MENA
Application Deadline: June 30th 2018
Interested in sharpening your digital skills while working alongside your peers in New York? Eager to share your experience with award-winning colleagues abroad? Apply to the News Corp Media Fellowship for a chance to learn how some of the most prestigious news outlets in the world operate.
Working with ICFJ, News Corp will bring three journalists from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) to New York to spend a month honing their journalistic skills at The Wall Street Journal. During the fellowship, participants will work across newsroom departments, shadow their American peers, and collaborate with them to produce news reports that harness cutting-edge journalism techniques.
To complement the four-week fellowship, ICFJ will design a three-day orientation in Washington D.C., which will prepare the fellows for their time in the newsrooms. The selected journalists will meet with key journalists, media experts and technologists. They will also gain a deeper understanding of the tools and resources reshaping the news media, including database reporting, using and creating interactive visualizations, and mobile journalism.
- English-speaking journalists, videographers, newsroom editors, bloggers, and journalists from all areas of expertise are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be based in the MENA region.
- Applicants from Egypt, Iraq and Saudi Arabia are particularly encouraged to apply.
- All travel and fellowship expenses are covered by the program.
• Participants arrive in Washington, D.C.: October 21, 2018
• Orientation in Washington, D.C.: October 22 – 24, 2018
• Attachment phase: October 25 – November 21, 2018
• Participants fly back to their home countries: November 22, 2018
For More Information: