Postdoctoral Fellowship in Geochemistry
The Umeå University is offering a postdoctoral fellowship in Geochemistry for two years, with start in September 2018, or according to the agreement, and financed by the Kempe Foundations.
The aim of this new project is to understand the molecular mechanisms behind the immobilization and protection of sedimentary and ancient DNA (aDNA) by clay and other minerals.
Umeå University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders. The Department of Chemistry is one of the largest departments at Umeå University with approximately 200 employees and about 25 research groups that are conducting research in a broad range of topics.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- Applications Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Geochemistry.
- ScholarshipAward: The stipend is 300000 SEK per year.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To qualify, the applicant must hold a PhD degree or a foreign degree that is deemed equivalent in geochemistry, chemistry or in an equivalent field. Priority should be given to candidates who have completed their doctoral degree no more than three years before the closing date of the application unless special circumstances exist. A strong background in mineral and colloid (geo) chemistry is regarded as a strong merit, as well as prior experience with mineral-organic interactions involving macromolecules (e.g. DNA polymers).
The successful candidate will be expected to design and execute projects independently but also in close collaboration with other members of the group and other research groups. Independence and good ability to collaborate is, therefore, a requirement. Good command of written and spoken English is also a requirement.
English Language Requirements: Good command of written and spoken English is also a requirement.
How to Apply: In the application, you should include:
- Personal letter with qualifications, research profile and your motivation to apply for the fellowship (maximum 2 pages)
- CV and your list of publications
- Copy of doctoral degree certificate or equivalent
- Copy of your PhD thesis and relevant publications
- Name and contact information for at least two reference persons
Your complete application (in PDF or Word format), labelled with reference number FS 2.1.6-831-18 should be sent by email to medel-at-diarie.umu.se (use the reference number as heading). The deadline for application is; 2018-06-15.
A copy of the application should also be sent to michael.holmboe-at-umu.se