United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) Online learning Internship
UNSSC’s KCLM is seeking an intern to join the dynamic team that designs, develops, implements and evaluates leadership and management training programmes for UN middle and senior managers. These programmes often consist of both online and face-to-face components.
Application Deadline: 14th June 2018
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): UNSSC, Turin, Italy
About the Award:
The Knowledge Centre for Leadership and Management (KCLM) is one of the Programme Teams in the UNSSC, seeking to offer UN system organizations and staff innovative and costeffective solutions to support staff development and increase learning, management, leadership and communication competencies, and organizational capabilities. To this end, KCLM focuses on the application of technology and innovation to learning and knowledge management, fosters peer learning and offers UN personnel a broad portfolio of courses and on-demand services on core skills and management competencies.
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in instructional design and educational technology, and gain understanding of the UN work and the development of learning programmes for the UN audience. The incumbent will report to the Course Coordinator and contribute to the design, development, coordination and evaluation of these learning programmes.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of digital products
- Assist resource persons on how to use technology and better conduct online courses
- Publish and update content on UNSSC learning platform (Moodle)
- Explore and test new tools to extend the features of Moodle
- Design questionnaires to measure learning impact
- Collect and analyse learning analytics, compile and visualize data, and code qualitative data
- Produce video and multimedia content for marketing and learning purposes
- Organize webinars for participants while coordinating with professors and content experts
- Assist with administrative tasks as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Education: Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme in instructional design, educational technology, adult education, communication, data visualization, media production, programme evaluation or other related areas from an accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience is not required. Previous experience in Moodle or other LMS is an asset. Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English. Fluency in another UN official language is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with online learning and social media tools. Video editing experience is an asset.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450€. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.
Duration of Programme: 6 months, starting September 2018
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- A portfolio of previous work achievements related to your major field would be highly desirable, though not required. (e.g. video production samples, media coverage of projects, papers etc)
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 002”
Award Providers: UNSSC