PhD Scholarships in Theoretical Acoustofluidics
A three 3-year PhD scholarships, starting between September 2018 and March 2019, are available in the Department of Physics at the Technical University of Denmark. Scholarships are awarded in the field of theoretical acoustofluidics supervised by Prof. Henrik Bruu.
The Technical University of Denmark, often simply referred to as DTU, is a university in Kongens Lyngby, just north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 21, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of theoretical acoustofluidics.
- Scholarship Award: The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is 3 years.
- Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: There are three scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates should have (or soon obtain) a master’s degree in physics or mechanical/ electrical/ chemical engineering with specialization in theory and modeling of ultrasound propagation in fluids or solids, or within other continuum physics areas, such as microfluidics, elastodynamics, electromechanics, electrokinetics, or electromagnetism.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Please submit your online application no later than 21 June 2018 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To aply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.