34° Cycle of PhD Scholarships for all Nationalities
The University of Udine is inviting applications for Admission to the 34° cycle of PhD courses for the academic year 2018-2019. A number of scholarships are available to students of all nationalities.
The University of Udine was founded in 1978 as part of the reconstruction plan of Friuli after the earthquake in 1976. Its aim was to provide the Friulian community with an independent centre for advanced training in cultural and scientific studies.
In order to be eligible knowledge of English is required.
- Applications Deadline: July 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Research project (Use the project form related to your PhD course)
- Food and human health
- Agricultural sciences and biotechnology
- Computer science, mathematics and physics
- Industrial and information engineering
- Environmental and energy engineering sciences
- Managerial and actuarial sciences
- Legal sciences
- Language and literature studies
- Art history, Film studies, Media studies and Music
- Scholarships are generic or linked to specific programs.
- Scholarships are awarded in accordance with art. 12. The scholarship begins on November 1, 2018.
- Scholarships last one year and are renewed annually for a maximum period equal to the duration of the course (three years) if the PhD student has completed the program of the planned activities, as verified by the Teaching Board.
- The annual gross amount of the scholarship is specified in Tables 1-10 and is subject to the social security tax (INPS a gestione separata). The scholarship is paid on monthly basis in the following month. The amount of the scholarship is increased for research activities abroad by a maximum of 50% for a total period specified in Tables 1-10, unless additional financial resources are available. In any case, the increase is due only for periods of continuous stay and not less than sixty days.
- The scholarship cannot be allocated to those who have already received a scholarship to attend another PhD course or an equivalent course.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with research grants or other scholarships awarded for any purpose, except those awarded by national or foreign institutions useful to integrate with the stay abroad the research activity of the PhD students.
- Scholarships funded by “external institutions” and associated location are awarded upon the successful completion of the conditions set out in the act that regulates its funding.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available to students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants of any nationality may apply for participation to the competition if they have one of the following qualifications at the expiration date of the call: a) “Laurea Specialistica” or “Laurea Magistrale” or “Laurea Vecchio ordinamento1 ” or second level academic degree comparable to them; b) foreign degree, issued by a foreign official institution, comparable in duration and level2 to the qualifications referred to in letter a), and in the foreign system allows the admission to PhD courses. Tables 1-10 specify for each PhD course the type of degree required for participation to the competition and any additional requirements.
- Applicants can participate if they obtain their qualifications referred to the paragraph 1 no later than October 31, 2018. Applicants who do not obtain the title by October 31, 2018, will be excluded. If applicants (with the title not yet obtained) appear to be winners, they will be admitted and enrolled with reserve and must certify their graduation in accordance with the procedure indicated in art. 5 paragraph 5 no later than November 2, 2018.
- All applicants are admitted to the competition on the condition that they meet the requirements of the notice. The University reserves the right to carry out sample checks3 and may exclude applicants at any time from the selection process if they fail to meet the requirements as set out in the present article even after the PhD courses have already begun.
English Language Requirements: Knowledge of English is required.
How to Apply: Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae
- Request for disability AIDS
- Request support for DSA disorder
- Request for the oral exam via Skype conference
- The statement with a selection of 3 research programs (only for Agricultural Science and Biotechnology)